New relationships are exciting and fun. The beginning phase of a relationship is a time when your partner’s quirks aren’t yet annoying – they’re adorable.
You’re both on your best behavior, and you never want to spend a second apart.
I’ve rounded up the top 13 ways to tell you’re in a new relationship – some funny, but all very true.
You know you’re in a new relationship …
- when you have to buy a bag of cough drops because your voice gets hoarse from talking with him for so long.
- when you start to like romantic comedies even though you will never admit it because you are a guy.
- when you think you should buy stock in a nail polish company because you are getting so many mani-pedis.
- when you and the neighborhood florist are on a first-name basis.
- when you can’t stop hearing “your song” in your head.
- when holding hands makes you feel like a teenager again.
- when you think his little bald spot is cute.
- when you spend so much time shaving that your family or roommates start pounding on the bathroom door.
- when people ask you why you’re in such a good mood.
- when you wish you didn’t have such respect for the forest because you want to carve a heart with your names inside it on a tree trunk.
- when you sing so loudly in your car that other drivers give you annoyed looks.
- when you believe there is no problem that the two of you cannot solve together, even though you know that defies logic and common sense.
- when you start making up names for your future grandchildren.
- when you think he is sexier than your favorite movie star.
- when you think every word she says is lovely and profound, even “um” and “er.”
- when your heart beats so quickly in his presence that you think you don’t have to bother doing aerobic exercise anymore.
- when you write terrible, but heartfelt, love poems.
- when you start baking cookies, even though you’ve never used your oven for anything other than storing shoes before.
- when you think that no one else has ever felt this way before.
- when you can’t decide if you want to stay up late at night so you can think about her, of if you want to go to sleep early so you can see her in your dreams.
- when you know intellectually that no one is perfect, but you believe he is the exception that proves the rule.
- when you want to feel this way forever…
- …but you look forward to coming back down to earth for the next phase of your relationship.
Can you think of any others I should add to the list? Leave them in a comment – and don’t forget to share with your friends!