Creative Ways to Apologize
We all mess up from time to time. What’s important is that you show the maturity to own up to your mistake and offer your partner a sincere apology. Actions always speak louder than words, right? So look at this as an opportunity to show your S.O. that they’re special to you, and give them a creative apology that will put you back in their good books. Take a look at our list of five creative apologies.
1. Spend some time in the kitchen and cook up some “I’m sorry” treats. Comfort food like baking and chocolate stimulate the feel-good parts of our brains, making us happier and relaxed, and more receptive to a sincere apology. If you’re making something like cupcakes, write “I’m sorry” on them in icing – who could resist!
2. If your cooking isn’t going to win you any brownie points, surprise them for lunch by having their favourite takeout delivered to their work. It’s sure to make them feel special.
3. Make a list of all the reasons why you love them, and write it out by hand. Seriously, go into as much detail as you can. Leave the list for them to read in private. As they’re reading, they’ll be reminded of all the reasons they love you, and they probably won’t be angry anymore.
4. When your S.O. isn’t looking, change the desktop background on their computer. Take a cute, silly photo of yourself holding a sign that says “I’m sorry.” It will at least make them smile, which is a great first step.
5. Get them laughing. Write a funny but honest poem about how much you love them, what an idiot you’ve been, and how sorry you are. Or better yet, put your poem to music and sing a silly song. It’s hard to stay mad when you’re laughing!
Remember, when it comes to apologies, bigger is not always better. Buying expensive gifts like jewelry to say you’re sorry doesn’t really come across as sincere, so save the trinkets for the next birthday presents. You have a better chance to be forgiven not when your apology costs a lot of money, but when it’s from the heart.